Tuesday, September 20, 2011

#15. The Doctors, 32 Forrest Road, Edinburgh

I've been looking forward to checking this place out ever since we walked by it during the University of Edinburgh orientation for families of international students. Located right across from McEwan Hall, The Doctors has a nice atmosphere and is a decent size.



And with a nice selection of TVs, I got to see high-lights of the Celtic vs. Rangers derby from the weekend. I still haven't figured out who I am officially supporting, but I advised Svea and Rebecca that the safe bet is to say you cheer for the Vancouver Whitecaps of MLS. Our taxi driver from the Glasgow Airport (who drove us all the way to Edinburgh, but that's another story) had Celtic tattooed on his hand (but no Glasgow smile).



Beerwise, Doctors have their own special ale on tap, brewed for them by The Inveralmond Brewery. It wasn't bad, but paled in comparison to the spicy, aromatic, and zesty Harviestoun Bitter & Twisted Blond that I drank while enjoying a spicy bean veg burger. At least the coaster I was using told me it was "spicy, aromatic, zesty." Harviestoun, based in Clackmannanshire (?), has an interesting looking lineup of beers.

All told, not a bad pub.

No comments: