Saturday, June 30, 2012

#290. The Holyrood 9A, 9A Holyrood, Edinburgh

The pub is named after its address. The selection of beers is extensive, but it was dark and the taps are behind the bartender (the new hip way of doing it... coming soon to a bar near you), so I couldn't clearly make out what was on order. The bartender gave me his favourite, a Black Isle Porter. Can't argue with that, can we?


I can't believe I haven't been to a new pub in 10 days. I guess I was giving my liver a break after what has been a busy May and June. I have caught up quite a bit, now only 75 from my goal with 65 days remaining.

Yes, that is a man (likely the groom in an upcoming wedding) dressed like Super Mario. The stag and hen party is something that Meghan wants to take back to Victoria with us.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

My girlfriend and I are on a summer holiday here in Edinburgh (we are from Victoria too) and this place has become our local - love their burgers! I've been following your blog for a few months and have found it quite useful. well done. We would love to join you for a pint and be a part of your adventure!