Friday, May 4, 2012

#209. Hamilton's, 16-18 Hamilton Pl, Edinburgh



This pub is located quite near us, down in Stockbridge. I had been avoiding it because it seemed more like a restaurant, and a bit upscale for my liking. Both of which turned out to be true.
















It was bustling with the after-work crowd.




There was no place for us to sit, so we settled for the couch used by the patrons waiting for a table. At least I think that is what it was for. I drank a half-pint of Deuchars from Caledonian.


I was thinking that given the love the Scots have for all things Canadian, the pubs here should sell a nitrogen-infused Stout Mountie, made with real maple syrup from Quebec and brewed by Beaver Canoe Brewery™ of Toronto, Canada. They'd drink it up with the same fervor they have for Belhaven and Deuchars, and it would give the Rangers supporters a non-Celtic porter option.

No comments: